Combine the convenience of working directly with just one financial institution with the security of access to FDIC insurance with CDARS. When you place a large deposit with us, we place your funds, through CDARS into certificates of deposit1 issued by other financial institutions in the CDARS Network. Deposit insurance coverage for all deposit accounts is $250,000 per depositor, per insured depository institution for each account ownership category. CDARS offers you:
- FDIC insurance. Access multi-million dollar FDIC protection on CD investments.2
- One bank. Deposit all your funds with us to secure large deposits.
- One rate. Earn one interest rate per maturity on CD investments placed through CDARS.
- One statement. Receive one regular statement detailing your CD investments.
- No additional fees. There are no additional fees for using the CDARS service. The rate you see is the rate you get.
- No ongoing collateralization. CDARS deposits are eligible for FDIC protection, so you may not need to collateralize your deposits. This eliminates the time-consuming task of tracking collateral values on an ongoing basis.3
- A wide variety of maturities. You can select from various maturities, ranging from four weeks to three years, and choose the terms that best suit your needs.